Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week, the theme is “Top Ten Author Duos I’d Love to See Write a Book Together” and we’re happy to be participating!
Let me note here that I’m only going to do five author duos because, um, this is a hard one, you all. I also apologize in advance because I think these might be verrrrry specific to my interests, which is to say, they get a little odd towards the end.
- Rachel Hartman and Naomi Novik. Ok, so basically what I want from this pairing is fanfic, so get ready, world. All I’m asking for is a short story where the Temeraire dragons meet up with the dragons from Shadow Scale and, like, talk about dragon stuff. (War. Humans. What it’s like to be dragons, I don’t know! I’m not very creative.)
- Courtney Milan and Ruthie Knox. I have no idea what they would create together, but they are my two favorite romance writers so I assume anything they cowrote would be amazing. Please write a contemporary romance about ladies finding love with feminist dudes? With lots of banter, and preferably, nerds.
- Mira Grant and M.R. Carey could write a book together and it would be the single most horrifying book I’ve ever read.
- Ron Chernow and Diana Gabaldon. OK HEAR ME OUT. I want a novel about Alexander Hamilton that is kind of sci-fi/romance. (I am open to many potential pairings, here. Founding fathers slash fic between Hamilton/Burr? Okay. Philip Hamilton/Theodosia Burr romance? Whatevs! What will it be like as sci-fi? I don’t know, dude, maybe he travels through time and writes lots of angry essays about 21st century American politics.) Anyhow, I think Diana Gabaldon would be a good candidate for this, because she’s already written in the right time period and Outlander is a good example of the kind of genre I’d like this to be. I realize that this is trippy and that I am the only person who would enjoy this book but so be it. (Again, feel free to write fanfic for me, and yes, I’m still on a Hamilton musical kick, and that’s why I want this thing.)
- Louisa May Alcott and Anne Rice. I want them to collaborate on a version of Little Women that is pretty much the same except they’re vampires (and Jo in particular bites Amy to death). This should remove much of the sadness I experience when reading Little Women, ’cause, guess what? I won’t have to be sad when Beth dies; they’re all already undead. (Except Amy. Because she is bitten to death after she burns Jo’s precious manuscript) Anyway. Beth lives forever; she and Jo have lots of adventures, and Jo writes what she knows; that is to say, all of Jo’s gothic stories are based upon her (eternal) life as a vampire in 19th century America. Anne Rice, are you up for this?
So, what authors would you like to see write a book together?